Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mango Creamsicles / Easy mango kulfi

Anything mango is welcome in my house. Be it mango lassi, mango milk shake, mango mousse, mango ice cream, mango sherbet and this mango kulfi. I had promised my kids that I would make mango ice cream for them, but ran out of time. So, this was a quick fix to keep up my promise. It is delicious, but not very sweet. Add sugar if you have sweet tooth.
One Year Back - Vegan Banana Bread, No Knead Coconut and Chillies flat bread
Two Years Back - Methi Malai Mutter
Ingredients: 
Sweetened mango pulp - 3 cups
Cream cheese - One 8 Oz block softened (I used low fat but you could use fat free)
Milk - 1 cup (I used 2 % )
Optional - Sugar about 1/4 cup. This is not very sweet kulfi unless you add sugar.
Optional - cardamom powder to flavor the creamsicles
Method:
With an electric mixer (hand mixer is just fine here), blend the cream cheese till no lumps remain (My cream cheese hadn't softened till mushy. You can see small specks of it). Slowly add sweetened mango pulp and continue to beat till everything is mixed well. Add milk and stir. Freeze in popsicle molds or 3 Oz cups. I filled less in a 5 Oz cup since I was out of 3 Oz cups and I don't have so many popsicle molds. You will get about 14 - 18 popsicles out of this depending on how big the molds are.

Enjoy.
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. It looks very good. I will try it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel like relishing those irresistible and super creamy pops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such an easy and delicious kulfi recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would use full fat cream and full fat milk and raw if possible. It will make aworld of difference and your brain will thank you. Good fat is best for you than processed cheese. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very cute and pretty..I can have it anytime too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow so yummy yummy.... Want to take one from the snap...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Tempting champa!!!! Nice idea of using paper cups as a mould!!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you have a question and you leave it as a comment, I'll surely answer the question to the best of my knowledge. Thanks for visiting.