Thursday, June 7, 2012

Strawberry Coconut Milk Shake

For some reason, coconut goes very well with many things. It is good with spices, it is good with mango, pineapple, chocolate and nuts and a lot of other things. I had bought a 2 lb box of strawberries. This is my kid's favorite fruit. But, for some reason, she didn't want to eat any. I used up the whole box to make this milk shake for a gathering we had at home. It was a big hit. I am sure you all have tried strawberry milk shake but when you pair it with coconut milk, it adds a delicate taste that is just awesome.
One Year Back - Easiest Vanilla Cake, Cream Cheese Brioche
Two Years Back - Sweet Ricotta Loaf, Eggless Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Ingredients: 
Strawberries - 2 Pounds (about 50 - 60 strawberries)
Coconut milk - One 15.5 Oz can (I used light coconut milk)
Milk - 4 cups (I used 2 % but fat free would be fine too)
Sugar - 1 - 1/4 cup (Vary as per taste and sweetness of strawberries)
Water - 1 1/2 - 2 cups (Or more milk)
Ice to serve
Method:
Hull the strawberries and chop them very roughly. Take strawberries in a blender or food processor and add sugar and process till smooth. Slowly add coconut milk and blend. Pour half of it into the pitcher. Add half the milk to the processor/blender and blend again and pour it back to the pitcher. Add the remaining milk and water to the pitcher and stir to combine. Top with lot of ice and serve.
Notes:
You could use all milk and not use any water. I thought it would be too heavy that way. It was a big hit at the party. You could also skip coconut milk and just use milk. But, coconut milk acts like a secret ingredient and enhances the flavor here. I used only 1 cup sugar in the beginning but felt it was bland. Maybe because the strawberries I used were not that sweet.

Enjoy.
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Yes, half milk and half water is better..it becomes too heavy and filling oterwise...attractive pink colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice interesting combination of strawberries with coconut..looks yumm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding coconut is really new.... Simply amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! This sounds amazingly yummy!!! Love coconut in my puddings and drinks...and this combo sounds delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WONDERFUL! And getting so hot this weekend... have this on my list to make

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is different shake that usual strawberry shake. love the coconut in it. awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful pink color! These look delicious. I love the combo of coconut and strawberry :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was in Barcelona, I would get this every morning at the open market. Fresh strawberry-coconut juice for one euro. So delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the idea of strawberry with coconut milk..

    ReplyDelete

If you have a question and you leave it as a comment, I'll surely answer the question to the best of my knowledge. Thanks for visiting.