Monday, August 22, 2011

Krishna Jayanthi

Happy Krishna Jayanthi to all my Indian readers. Every year, people make many varieties of sweets and savory stuff on Lord Krishna's birthday. I have been making them too. This year though, I am changing the plans. I have no will power when it comes to sugar and if I make sweets, I eat them and gain weight. Then feel bad about it and the saga continues.
But for those who want to enjoy all the stuff, here are some links..
Savory items..

Sweets....

Have you ever wondered why this tradition for Krishna's birthday and Rama gets only fruit salad, kosambari, fruit juices and buttermilk for his birthday? It has nothing to do with God. It has everything to do with the season. Ironically, those who live in U.S have summer when Krishna Jayanthi comes and it makes more sense to be switching over to buttermilk and fruit juice instead of making all these fried and fatty stuff. But if you are blessed with a great metabolism and a perfect size, go ahead and enjoy these delicious treats.

Have a great week ahead. Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Janamashtami greetings to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Krishna Janmastami! We share something in common!(only thinking) since you are way ahead in implementation. I was thinking why fried stuff for Krishna and only panakam(jaggery juice) and buttermilk for Rama! Krishna looks great in that picture. Nice collections. It must be from India. You got a great choice in collecting things!

    ReplyDelete

If you have a question and you leave it as a comment, I'll surely answer the question to the best of my knowledge. Thanks for visiting.