When I opened the bottle of the jam yesterday, I realized that there is very less left and instead of buying jam from the store, I decided to make 'Mango Jam' since my kids love mango. You give them mango juice, mango mousse, mango ice cream they enjoy and eat it. I used mango pulp that we get from the Indian store and the whole process took about 25 minutes and in the microwave. I bet you can't beat that..
You'll have to clean the microwave after it is done unless you have some kind of splutter guard that can be used in the microwave.
- Mango Pulp - 1 can (I used Alphonso but you could use kesar too)
- Mango jelly crystals - 1 pack (from the indian store which is gelatin free)
Take a microwave safe ceramic dish that can hold all the pulp and has some space on the top. Microwave for 5 minutes. Stir and add jelly crystals and stir well. Microwave for 5 minutes and stir well. Keep on doing this till the mixture coats the back of the spoon. It took 25 minutes for mine to be done. But, every microwave is different and you know your microwave better than others. Don't try to get it too dry since it solidifies when cooled. Jam is ready when completely cool. Store it in a clean jar in the refrigerator. Use it up within 6 months of making it.
Like Mangoes as much as we do, try these Mango Mini Muffins, Green Mango Onion subzi, Mango Apple Gojju.
Happy Cooking!! Pin It