- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Oat flour (Grind rolled oats or quick oats in a grinder into powder and then measure)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup apple butter (You could use any fruit puree here. Banana or even applesauce)
- 1 3/4 cups butter milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- Vegetable oil spray for the waffles iron
Preheat waffles iron.In a large bowl combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs, brown sugar, apple butter,melted butter and beat till well combined . Stir the wet into dry until just moist. Do not over mix batter. Pour the specified amount of batter into the waffles iron and make waffles. My waffles iron takes only 1/4 cup per waffle. It makes two at a time. I got 22 waffles of 4" square from this recipe. Serve with maple syrup, pancake syrup (recipe will follow in the future post) or just dust with powdered sugar and serve.
And here they are ready to go in to the freezer. I have kept them between wax papers after they are cooled down completely and in a freezer safe container.
I would like to send this entry to Srivalli's Kid's Delight - Wholesome Breakfast event.
Happy Cooking!!Pin It