Weekly Bake-Off is on a break......Lot of people associate me with 'Baking' rather than anything. Many people while introducing me to others go like this 'She is Champa she bakes very well' or things like 'She is Champa she bakes a lot starting from cake to bread'. Even though I do not always like this kind of introduction, I do realize that most of the readers might associate my blog with 'baking' and I am completely fine with it. And that is the reason for such an event selection.
When I came to know about 'yeastspotting' that is a weekly event, I was very impressed. I wanted to do something like that with general baking. It can be a casserole, cookie, scone, cake, quick bread, muffin, yeast bread, cake, tart, pie, quiche or anything that is baked. So, here is my first event which hopefully lives as long as this blog does.
Now coming to the rules of this event:
- Bake anything vegetarian (eggs are allowed). You can do part of cooking in microwave or stove top. But, the finished product should come out and be ready to serve from the oven.
- I need to know what your recipe is based on. If you came up with it by yourself, mention what inspired you to come up with such a recipe. I would appreciate exact measurements. Ex: If you are baking a cake, it helps to know what size pan you used.
- Send me the entry linking
this announcementhttp://versatilekitchen.blogspot.com/p/bake-off-roundup.html in your post.
- It has to be sent the week you post it. Since the idea is to keep it an 'ongoing' event, I do not want older posts.
- Send in as many entries as you wish.
- I'll post all the entries on Friday of every week starting next week (19th of March, 2010).
- If you send in your entry after 5 PM EST on Thursday, your entry might not be added the current week, but will be added to the next week's roundup.
- Round up will be posted at this link: http://versatilekitchen.blogspot.com/p/bake-off-roundup.html
- Send me an email with the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Bake-Off' as subject.
- Details to send the entry:
- Your Blog Name:
- Recipe Name:
- Recipe URL:
- Photo: Please make sure it is 200 X 200 and not bigger.
I hope you all are will have fun participating in this.
Happy Baking!! Pin It