- Whole masoor - 1 cup
- Toor dal - 1/2 cup (You can skip this and increase the masoor and mash part of it)
- Dill - 1 bunch cleaned and chopped
- Oil - 2 TBSP
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic - 2 pods chopped finely
- Red onions - 2 big chopped finely
- Red chilli powder - 3/4 tsp or to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Lime juice of half a lime
- Turmeric - a big pinch
Wash masoor and toor dal together. Pressure cook in enough water with a drop of oil and a small pinch of turmeric till done. In a skillet, heat oil. When hot, add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add cumin seeds, garlic and onion and stir well. Add the remaining turmeric and some salt. Saute till onions are cooked. Add the chopped dill and stir well. Add chilli powder and the cooked masoor toor dal mixture and mix well. Simmer for 5 minutes and adjust the seasonings. Squeeze lime juice. Your dilly masoor dal is ready to be served with rice or rotis.
I would like to send this entry to Susan's 'My Legume Affair' and to the hosted by EC.
Happy Cooking!! Pin It