- Green Mango medium size - 1 seeded and chopped.
- Granny smith apples medium size - 3 cored and chopped.
- Oil - 2 - 3 TBSP
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric - a big pinch
- Hing - a big pinch
- Red chillies - 2 broken
- Curry leaves - a few
- Salt - to taste
- Tamarind - lime size ball. Soaked and pulp extracted.(You could use ready paste here about 3/4 tsp)
- Jaggery - a lime size ball or to taste.
- Rasam powder or saarina pudi - 1 1/2 tsp - 2 tsp or to taste
Dry roast and grind to powder:
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Methi seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Black sesame seeds - 1/2 tsp
Heat oil in a pan. When hot, add mustard seeds. When it splutters, add broken red chillies, hing, curry leaves. Now add chopped mangoes. Add turmeric, little bit of salt and saute for couple of minutes. When they are semi cooked, add chopped apples, saute for a minute, add water to cover and let it cook. When apples and mango are cooked, add tamarind pulp or paste, jaggery, rasam powder. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Check and adjust the seasonings. When the raw smell of jaggery is gone, mix in the roasted ground spice powder and switch off the heat. Mango Apple Gojju is ready. This taste great with rice, but goes well with chapathi or akki rotti too.
Happy Cooking!! Pin It