- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 1/2 cups flaked coconut - 1 14 Oz sweetened flaked coconut bag.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Chocolate candy coating (almond bark) - 1 1/2 squares
- Semi sweet baking chocolate - 1 square
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, coconut and salt.
- In a microwave safe large bowl, warm the sweetened condensed milk for 2 - 3 minutes. (This is to make it easier to mix the dry ingredients). Add vanilla and stir well. Add the dry ingredients and slowly mix using a strong wooden spoon or your hands until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for an hour to make it easier to shape. Use a cookie scoop to measure the dough and make nice ball using your hands. Wet your hands with little water if needed and place on the prepared cookie sheets. Original recipe asked to make golf ball size cookies, but I made mine about an inch big.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until coconut is lightly toasted. You can bake for longer if you like it more toasted.
- If you want to dip them in chocolate, in a microwave safe bowl, melt both chocolate and candy coating. Stir well. Now dip the bottom of the cookies and place them on wax paper. Let it set for about 20 - 30 minutes. Now macaroons are ready for packaging.
Happy Baking!! Pin It