Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Macadamia and White Chocolate Chip Cookies

How are you all doing this holiday season? Good? I am glad. Done with shopping for all the gifts? I am happy for you. But, if you are tired, I am with you. I know how you feel.
I am tired too. I have been baking for 4 hours for the past two days. No, it is not for this Bake-A-Thon. It is for gift giving.

If you see my kitchen right now, I don't even know what you will have to say. Part of the gifts to teachers, school, mail man and others have been Pumpkin Cranberry Bread, couple of types of bars using Cake Mix, Chocolate Chip Chocolate Bread and Caramel Corn. Add the chore of buying some gifts for colleagues and others. I could use a vacation right now. I made these cookies mainly for my husband. This is the only kind of cookie he loves, not that he minds eating other kinds, but still.

One year back - Gingerbread Biscotti
Two years back - Cranberry White chocolate Chip Bars
Adapted from Good Housekeeping Baking book
Ingredients: (Makes 32 - 36 cookies based on size)
All purpose flour - 1 3/4 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Light brown sugar - 1/2 cup packed
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Vanilla - 1 tsp
Butter - 1/2 cup or 1 stick softened
Egg - 1 large
Macadamia nuts - chopped and measured 3/4 cup - 1 cup
White chocolate chips - 3/4 cup

Method:
Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda. Cream the butter and both the sugars till well mixed. They won't get creamy. Add egg and continue to beat. They get creamy after beating with egg. Add vanilla. Continue to beat adding flour mixture. When the mixer cannot run anymore, stop beating and with a spatula, stir in the white chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon 2 inches apart (they spread quite a bit) on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until the edges start to get golden. It is better to under bake these cookies. They will still be soft, but will get firm once cooled. Remove the parchment paper on to the wire rack to cool completely.

Today is Day 21 of the Bake-A-Thon. Check out these blogs too -  Preethi, Veena, Priya.
Sending this to Suma's Cookiefest.
Enjoy.
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Oh Champa..you seem really tired. I was in the same state last week before started our break..
    These cookies look apt for a good snack. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg,4hours of baking since two days..seriously wish i live near u..Cookies looks scrumptious..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow looks so delicious...yummy and beautiful clicks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow look delicious.Happy holidays dear

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these cookies. Every time I do some workout for a month I used to treat myself to a white chocolate macadamia cookie. HAve never tried making them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 4 hours of baking a day with a hectic work schedule and kids is sure to tire anybody out!Thank God we don't have this tradition here or I don't think I would have managed:)

    The cookies sound yumm, though I favor dark chocolate over white! Thanks for the entry!

    ReplyDelete

If you have a question and you leave it as a comment, I'll surely answer the question to the best of my knowledge. Thanks for visiting.