Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cranberry White Chocolate chip bars

In my previous post, I had written that I would give the recipes of the cookies in coming posts. Here is the fourth recipe.I make these when I am pressed for time. Since my plan was to make four kinds of cookies for the platter, and by the time I finished making 3 kinds, I was exhausted. All were made the same day with regular house work and my full time job, so I used my other recipe as a base which uses cake mix to make the bar cookies. Here goes the version of this one..


Ingredients:
  1. Cake mix - 1 pack I have used white cake mix here.
  2. Butter - 1 stick or 1/2 cup melted.
  3. Eggs - 2  You could use Ener-G egg replacer here.
  4. Light brown sugar - 1/2 cup
  5. Vanilla - 1 - 2 tsp.
  6. White chocolate chips - 3/4 cup. 
  7. Sweetened dried cranberries - 1 cup.
Method:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Rub a 13 X 9 aluminum cake pan with the butter wrapper that you used the butter slab of. Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Add brown sugar, vanilla, eggs to it. Mix and then dump the whole pack of cake mix to it. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries. Dump the dough on to the pan and spread evenly with the spatula. score couple of places with a fork. Don't worry, they won't be visible after baking. It is just to make sure they don't puff up in the center. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If you are using a dark coated non - stick pan or a glass pan, reduce the temperature to 325 and bake 3 - 5 minutes longer. Cool on wire rack for at least 30 minutes before slicing. Typically this should make 24 bars ( 6 X 4 rows), but I have always cut them into 7 X 5 to get 35 pieces. It stays fresh for a week in room temperature and you can freeze them for up to 3 months.

I am sending this to Food Blogga : Eat christmas cookies and the beautiful cookie roundup.And to Priyanka's Its' Time To Jingle Again Christmas event.

Happy Baking!! Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I have added your blog to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time here..

    Had a look of all ur cakes.
    They look wonderful.
    I haven't gone to the baking side till now.
    But love to have cakes.

    Will soon give a try.

    Check my space when u find time

    Aruna Manikandan
    http://ensamayalkuripugal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious, I love the idea of white chocolate and cranberries together ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cranberries and white chocolate are the perfect holiday pair. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

If you have a question and you leave it as a comment, I'll surely answer the question to the best of my knowledge. Thanks for visiting.