Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Easiest No Knead Refrigerator Bread

All we need to make bread is flour, salt, water and yeast. But yet, here were are creating numerous recipes of the same. But show me a single loaf of bread that is sold in stores that has just these 3 ingredients (if you leave out the water as one). You will not find it.
I was looking at the awesome pinterest and I found a post about ready refrigerator bread dough. The lady who writes that blog had made it a point to make this every week and leave it in the refrigerator. Whenever she needs some rolls or bread, she would take part of the dough and bake. I halved the recipe and here it is. For some reason, I cannot get that site whatever I search for. I will update the post when I get that site. It has awesome DIY mix recipes from taco seasoning to cookie mixes.
One Year Back - Chickpeas and Cucumber Salad with Mint and garlic dressing
Two Years Back - Baby Shower Cake
Three Years Back - Quinoa Chickpeas Pulav
Ingredients: 
All purpose flour - 3 1/4 cups
Salt - 1 1/2 tsp
Active dry yeast - 2 1/4 tsp
Warm water - 1 1/2 cups

Method:
In a bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients. Slowly pour the water and with a strong wooden spoon, mix everything until no dry flour is remaining. Cover loosely with a lid and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Cover the lid tightly and keep in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight. Dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

To bake:
Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it sit at the room temperature for 30 minutes. Flour a parchment paper generously. Using flour to prevent sticking, try to make the dough into a ball (you could plop them into a pan instead too). It is hard to smooth this dough unless you add more flour which will make it a tough bread. Shape into a ball (as nicely as you can manage) and let it rise for 30 minutes covered.

Preheat the oven to 450 F. Slash the dough (I have done a very bad job of slashing here). Bake the bread for 30 - 35 minutes till brown. Cool on the wire rack completely before slicing.

Enjoy.


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. That definitely sounds like a very easy and convenient bread recipe to bake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I use whole wheat? Would love to make it, sounds really convenient, but I don't eat all purpose flour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. You might need a little more water say 2 TBSP in that case.

      Delete
  3. This surely sounds such an easy one to make...I will make this soon..

    ReplyDelete

If you have a question and you leave it as a comment, I'll surely answer the question to the best of my knowledge. Thanks for visiting.