Saturday, November 26, 2011

Easy Fudge

When you visit someone's house for the first time, what do you usually take? People get some small gifts and I usually don't do that. I prefer to just take some fruits or flowers and try not to add one more 'thing' to their basement collection. My theory is - if they have lived here for more than a decade, they have pretty much collected everything that they want to use or display. We were visiting someone this weekend and they have a teenage daughter. I made this fudge to take it for her. I will warn you one thing though. It is very addictive and is quite rich. So, make it to give it away or when you have company. Don't blame me if you made it and gained 5 pounds in a weekend.
One year back - Green Rice
Two years back - Cranberry Rice
Ingredients:
Sweetened Condensed milk - 1 can (14 Oz)
Milk Chocolate Chips - 2 cups (12 Oz bag)
White Chocolate Chips - 1 cup (Or more milk or semi sweet chocolate chips)
Butter - 1/4 cup or 1/2 stick
Vanilla - 1 tsp

Method:
Line a 8 X 8 pan with aluminum foil and butter the foil. Set aside. You can use a microwave for this or stove top method. Whatever you chose, mix all ingredients except vanilla and heat till all chocolate chips melt and mix with the condensed milk and butter. Keep stirring to avoid burning. If you chose to do it in a saucepan over stove top, keep the heat to low. Stir in vanilla. Pour into the prepared pan. Tap few times to remove air bubbles. Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours. When set, remove the foil and transfer the fudge on to a cutting board. Cut into small pieces. I got 36 pieces out of this. Now that I think of, I could've cut them into 7 X 7 to get 49 pieces. Keep them in the refrigerator and enjoy sparingly.

Variation:
You could make it a low fat dessert by using fat free condensed milk.

Enjoy.

Pin It

16 comments:

  1. love that second picture.. and the fudge looks so soft and fudgy... now i am craving some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious and inviting fudge. Excellent preparation.
    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmm... this has chocolate all over it... and I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite addictive and irresistible fudge..

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome,,,,looks really delicious dear....love the clicks too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iressistible! So easy to make too! I love sweet treats. The Christmas season is the perfect reason to overindulge in sweets, right? I am taking advantage. LOL! This is a must, must try! Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, inviting and a quick fudge luv it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so rich and such an easy preparation.. nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so delicious! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't like peanut butter at all, but I like peanuts and I like butter and these bars look so good, I'm gonna attempt it, everyone wish me luck, I love bars or fudge, but they are usually chocolate.

    Maree Plane

    ReplyDelete
  11. These fudge bars look amazing...Its just not just 5 pounds in a week!!! It must be a lot mmore!!!

    Shobha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,

    I chanced upon your blog and found this wonderful recipe. I do not have milk chocolate chips & white choco chips. Would you please tell me if I could use milk chocolate slab & white chocolate slab instead? If yes, how much?

    Thanks,
    Preethi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. You will have to weight them out. one cup of chocolate chips are 6 Oz roughly. So, you would use a total of 18 Oz whichever combination of chocolate you would use.

      Delete

If you have a question and you leave it as a comment, I'll surely answer the question to the best of my knowledge. Thanks for visiting.