Friday, July 15, 2011

Frugal Friday - Blog link

If I could, I would grow everything I need and use.
I grow a few vegetables and if they are too much, I try to freeze them. I sometimes buy in bulk from a truck patch when it is really cheap and either make jams or spicy compotes and freeze in individual containers. I have even made pesto and frozen when my garden gave me too much of basil. Tried drying herbs that were grown in the garden. Buy berries for cheap and freeze. There is one thing that I haven't ventured into. Yet.

That is canning.

When I stumbled across this blog, I was amazed how organized this lady is in canning the home grown stuff and using it up for the entire year.  I thought of sharing it all with you.

'Kathie' of 'Two Frog Home' writes about her canning. She has recipes, tips about frugal living. On the top of it, she teaches canning classes locally. The post that impressed me the most is 'Pantry Building'. I wish my pantry was that organized.

This is not a link exchange. I wanted to share the blogs with you who impressed me with their frugal living ideas. After all, when you spend 3 dollars, you are spending way more than that since it is after tax money and money is tight for many of us right now.
 
If you have a cool link to share with others about this topic, leave a comment or send me an email. I will visit the blog and try to introduce that blog on friday. Blogging is all about sharing the knowledge. You agree with me, don't you?

Happy Friday everyone. Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Liked your post even i try to Freeze and Can as much as i can in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really liked your blog ..new to your blog..but m ur follower now..u can visit me @http://varietyisthespiceofyourlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. frugal friday - this sounds interesting! Looking forward to many money saving tips!

    ReplyDelete

If you have a question and you leave it as a comment, I'll surely answer the question to the best of my knowledge. Thanks for visiting.