Coming to the point, I feel bad that people rely on internet for recipes and not books anymore. I understand that there are lot of advantages of sitting at your desk and searching for the exact words instead of going to the book store or library and searching book after book for something. But, the fun is different. Even when I have so many books, I do go to the library. It is not the recipe that I look for in any book. It is a trigger to make my mind work and come up with new ideas. I do follow the baking recipe from the book but always add a touch of my own. I wanted to announce an event which will explore the cook books. Give an opportunity for you to showcase your collection.
Here are the rules.. (I did not create this logo. I got this from google search)
- Bake anything in the month of April 2010 that can be taken as breakfast from a book. It has to be vegetarian and you can use eggs. The picture should include the front cover of the book you used and your dish. If you cannot combine them into one picture, it is alright. Send me two pictures one of the book and one of your finished product. Breakfast can be muffins, bread, Biscuits, casseroles, cereal (baked) etc.
- Link back to this announcement and please use the logo. It helps everyone to recognize what it is since this one is a little different.
- You don't have to buy the book. You can borrow from a friend, library. But specify the details of the book and what recipe you used. Make a note of your modifications if any.
- Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Baking from a Book' with a picture, your name, your blog name and the recipe URL.
- Non Bloggers can send in their entries too. I am sure there are lots of you out there who enjoy cooking, baking as much as we bloggers do but just don't make it public.
- I do not want old posts. This is to encourage people to look at books. It has to be from this month and the deadline is April 30th Midnight EST.
Any questions, leave a comment and I'll answer. I hope I get the same support that you've been giving me in my weekly 'Bake-off' Pin It